Climate change trust fund deposit stands at Tk 1435cr

Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister M Shahb Uddin today said the current status of the climate change trust fund is over Taka 1435.90 crore.

The minister said this while responding to query made by Merina Jahan of Sirajganj-6 during the question-answer session which was tabled at the Jatiya Sangsad here with Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury in the chair.

In the last 14 years from 2009-10 fiscal, the government has allocated Taka 3,919.34 crore to the climate change trust fund. Project related to the climate change are allowed by using 66 percent fund from the climate change and the rest 34 percent money will remain at the trust fund as the permanent deposit.

To adopt with the adverse impact of the climate change, project on short, medium and long terms usually will be taken under the six thematic areas of Bangladesh Climate Change strategy and action plan -2009.

In addition to this, over 6,921 hectares forest has already come under the afforestation by transplanting over 7.11 crore trees .

Replying to another question, minister said the government is implementing nearly 850 projects facing the adverse impact of the climate change under different ministries, public and private agencies and institutions.

Previous articleThe files writ petition against ‘Adipurush’ film in Delhi HC
Next articleDeal over LNG import tomorrow